The Downside To Overpricing Your Home
Here is what happens in the majority of the cases where people over price their house. People start high and by the time they get to what the price of the house is really worth, they have already lowered it 10k, 20k, 50k, 100k, even $200,000. In their mind they are thinking “I’ve lost all that money!” that’s money that they never had to begin with!
But now you’re already in a mentality of scarcity and you’re trying to hold on… You don’t want to spend any money getting your house fixed up because you have already lost tens of thousands of dollars! “I am not putting any money into this house, I am not giving it away!” (btw if you are giving your house away call me, the homeless shelter is looking for a home in SOMD to house people in need)
Everyone Is On Edge
- There is no tension with the Realtor
- You can price it in the market to sell for the most money
- You can negotiate with confidence because you know the value
- You can use the appraisal to raise an offer from a buyer
- You can use the appraisal to support the offer once received (assuming its not over the initial appraisal)
At The Mayer Group we order an appraisal for all of our new listings. If you don’t like the figure, we have a no questions asked walk away guarantee. We will give you the appraisal for a huge discount and we part as friends. There is a better way!